I don't know if many of you knew this or not, but I am taking online college courses towards the completion of a bachelor's degree. The school I am taking these classes through is Indiana Tech and the degree program is awesome! I can complete the Bachelor's of Science in Business Management solely online if I want to. It is so convenient for me because I get to "go to class" whenever I want to. From home. In my P.J.'s, if I choose to. In nothing at all if I want to, although the leather chair at my desk may be a little uncomfortable for that! ;} I just have to have the discipline to do it. And, I am usually pretty good about it.
Like for instance tonight. I sit down at my desk, crack my book open to the assignment, and just start plugging away. The class that I am taking is Intro to Operations Management and the chapter we are working in is concerning Facility Layout. The assignment I am completing is a Case Study of a business and what I think should be done to correct the problem given in the Case Study. My first thought is dread. I'm tired, I don't want to do it. I mean really, why can't the professor just hand me my "A" and let's be done with it already! Should I really have to jump through these homework hoops?! Okay, okay, back to reality. So I begrugdingly start working on the first problem. Heh- it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. My frown is beginning to turn upside down. Ooooh- I get to make an Excel Spreadsheet! I am really starting to get excited. I'm telling you, nothing makes me happier somedays than putting a bunch of information into an Excel Spreadsheet! I'm serious! So, I'm working away, entering the numbers I need, making formulas so I don't have to use a calculator because, well, let's just say I love a good challenge. I'm sitting up straighter in my chair. My shoulder's are going back a little and my chest is pushed forward with pride at my pretty spreadsheet. I'm coming up with some good answers that I just know are gonna knock the socks off my professor. I can't believe it but I sailed through that assignment with no problems and I'm wondering why I even get so stressed about these things. Now it's time to submit the assignment, as it is due tomorrow, and I am done with it now so why not?! I go to the website that I have to attach this information. The instructions for the assignment are listed before the link I have to use and something draws my attention to the title of the Case Study I was supposed to do. It's supposed to be "Sawhill Athletic Club (B)".
Ohhhh - you have GOT to be KIDDING me! I did "Sawhill Athletic Club (A)"! Well, there's 2 hours of my life down the drain that I could have been doing something much more fun and exciting like reading and posting on other people's blogs! And who the heck thought naming the two different case studies the same name with just one letter difference would EVER be a good idea. Grrrr....
Here's how terrible my mind is. My first thought is submit what I did and see if the teacher catches it. And then I'm thinking, if he does, I'll just play dumb like I didn't notice. Maybe he'll just grade what I did do and take a little off since it technically wasn't the correct assignment. Or maybe he'll give me the chance to do the correct one and I'll do it then, if he asks! Why, oh why do I put more effort into not doing the right thing sometimes than I do to just do what was asked of me the correct way. Well...I know what I'm gonna be doing tomorrow. Anyone want to help?!! ;}
Saturday, May 24, 2008
You've gotta be kidding me!
Posted by Mari at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, no! That is annoying, isn't it? I love reading your writing. You are so funny. And best wishes with the B.S. degree!
I have done the exact same thing before! It is not any fun at all. But I'm sure it'll come easy and you'll be great! Good luck on the B.S. degree!
Ok, this is not PC but oh well..you do know what getting a BS stands for, right? He, he. I remember the hoops and they were really hard to jump thru-I must admit-I'd turn it in as it was and hope for the best. Looking forward to more Mari posts!
Oh wow, you had quite the night...how frustrating! That stinks that you probably spent this beautiful day on the computer. Are you finished now though and you can enjoy your Memorial Day? I hope so! Good to know that spreadsheets make you VERY happy (well, when you're doing the right one, anyway) :-)
Post a Comment