CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

This is sooo cool

I have the coolest thing to tell you all about. As many of you may or may not have known, Leo (my husband) is going to school right now to become a high-school english teacher. (I personally think he is crazy for that because, at that age, the kids talk back! With serious attitudes!) Anyway, he is off from school this summer because the only thing he has left before he can graduate is to student-teach. For obvious reasons :) he cannot do that over the summer and will be able to finish that up in the fall semester and graduate in December of this year. (YAY!)Anywhoo- He has been looking for a summer job for the past several weeks and hasn't been having much luck. Not for a lack of trying, either. I mean he is amazing to me in his diligence to find a job and has applied at so many diverse places because he is willing to do just about anything for work. Well, he has finally been offered a job and I am so excited for so many reasons. I am so excited for him because he was getting very discouraged. The even more neat thing is that he will actually be working at the same place that I am working (different departments, of course) on the same time schedule that I work, which means no additional money towards gas because we can ride to work together! With gas prices the way they are, that is SUCH a blessing. The pay is pretty good and he doesn't have to pretend that this is a job he will be working at for long, either. I'm telling you guys--GOD IS GOOD!

It's so ironic (maybe that's not the right word, but it's all I've got at this point!) too because I just realized last night that all this time my husband has been struggling and I wasn't even praying for him. (Sorry, honey!) I wasn't neglecting to pray for malicious reasons, I'm just new to this and I forget! So last night, I finally got my act in gear and prayed that he would either be blessed with a job, or be able to find comfort in understanding why he wasn't being successful. God must have known of this awesome opportunity that was coming around the corner. I never ceased to be amazed at the large and small miracles that He does everyday! Thank you, God, for blessing me with such amazing family, friends, and opportunities.

5 comments:

April said...

God is so good!! I am so happy for you both!

Lindsay said...

Go God! :) That's wonderful!!

Jessica said...

Yeah, very exciting!

Renay said...

Thanks for sharing...I learn more every day about you;-) I can't wait to meet Leo too (to put the whole family picture together -oohhh you cold post one;-)

a said...

Wow! What an answer to prayer. God is amazing! I'm happy for your family! Great things are just around the corner.