Four years ago today, I married the best man that I have ever met. It was a crazy, exciting day that started with us not even knowing we would be married by the end of that day! Yes, you read that right. We made the decision mid-morning and were married at about 2 in the afternoon at the Chatham County Courthouse in Savannah, GA. Our parents didn't know we were married until we called them that evening to let them know! That was a funny phone call to make! It went kind of like this:
Mari: Hey Mom, I have some news for you!
Mom: Okay....
Mari: Leo and I got married today!!
Mom: <
Mom: Oh, really!! Wow!
Oh yeah, and my Mom was out of town at the time, so it was a long-distance call to boot!! Leo's call to his Mom probably went similarly, but I don't remember now! Leo proposed to me on Christmas Day and five days later we were married. Sounds crazy, I know, but that fits our personality so well and I couldn't imagine it happening any other way!
So, to the love of my life- I am so honored and blessed to be married to such a fun, loving man. I appreciate all you do for me, us and our family. I am so proud of you! Happy Anniversary, honey! Here's to many more great years ahead.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Happy Anniversary, Leo!
Posted by Mari at 1:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Four years already!?!?! Mari, you are the love of my life and I cannot imagine spending a day without you. I thank Christ for coming into my life this last year and showing me just how much I should be loving you. God has blessed this marriage and I am finally man enough to see that. The last year has been the greatest in my life and I mean that with all my heart. Thank you for choosing me to love for the rest of your life. I am honored to call you mine and will be for the rest of my life. Happy Anniversary and I pray for many, many more. Forever yours, ~Leo
Happy Anniversary, Leo and Mari! :) I can't believe how spontaneous it was...that's pretty awesome. :) I *wish* Mike and I would have gotten married five days after we got engaged. :) By the time it finally happened, I was chomping at the bit.
Interestingly enough, Mike and I were married just two days after you guys on New Year's Day 2005. :) This is our fourth anniversary, too. :)
Again, Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys had a good day!
Post a Comment