CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Job Update

Well, it's been a week and a half in my new job and ..... I LOVE IT!

It's going very well. I am learning so many new things and have great coworkers. The atmoshpere in the office is so refreshing. We have hectic times, but over-all the pace is very favorable. There are three other ladies and one guy in my office and they have all been very nice and helpful to me. I really feel like I fit in and am respected. I've been told on several occasions that I'm doing great and that is very uplifting for me. I have a tendency to be too hard on myself and expect things of myself that are impossible to obtain. I want to be an expert at my job the day after I start, even though I know it's not possible. So far, I have done very well at cutting myself some slack in that department.

The most difficult adjustment I am finding with my new job would be the hours. Previously I worked 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. My new hours are 7:50 a.m to 4:50 p.m. Most days I walk into the house, after work, and get started right away on cooking dinner and other little chores that need to be done. It seems like I don't even sit down to relax until 8 p.m. I know that is life for many people and if that is the worst thing I have to complain about than I am doing really well.

To help cut down on the stress of the nightly routine, I have decided to pre-plan dinner meals. My wonderful friend, Jamie, even let me borrow a couple of recipe books that are for slow-cooker and freezer meals. I made a list of all the meals that my family frequently eats (surprisingly, I was able to come up with over 20 meals!) and have made a monthly schedule of meals. This will help me cut down on the time it takes to just think about what is for dinner. I don't know about you guys, but the whole process of deciding what will be for dinner can be quite the production in our house! I was also able to make a "default" shopping list and I know that every time I go grocery shopping I will need x amount of ground beef, chicken, etc. to make the meals I have scheduled. The other benefit to scheduling the meals is that Leo can help me with prep and cooking of meals before I get home to get a jump on meals that may take a little while. I feel more organized than ever and it is so awesome.

I want to leave you with a recipe that I recently found on the back of a stuffing mix box that is sooo good, easy to make, and pretty healthy. The recipe is for "Bruschetta Chicken Bake" and serves 6, with a side of vegetables. Here it is:

1 lb Chicken Breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with garlic and basil
1 box Chicken flavored stuffing
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian Seasoning

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Layer cut up chicken in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and mozzarella cheese.
Mix the box of stuffing mix, 3/4 cup hot water, and can of tomatoes in seperate bowl.
Layer that mix on top of the chicken and cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.

That's it! Simple, huh?! And it is very tasty. Hope you all enjoy it, if you decide to make it.

2 comments:

amy f. said...

I'm so glad you're liking your new job...and doing so well at it, sounds like!! Give yourself patience to learn it and get better...it takes time!!

The meal planning that your doing sounds awesome and that it is a great idea for your family.

:-)

Jessica said...

That recipe sounds yummy, I'll have to try it. What a blessing to hear things are going well with the new job!