CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Man, oh man!

Work. Crazy.
Life. Crazy.
School. Crazy.
Me. Going crazy!
That just about sums it up! It's been awhile since I've posted. Partly because I haven't had much to write about and partly because I have had too much to write about!! Paradoxical, I know! So where to start....
I did not get the position at my work that I applied for. I am sooo completely okay with that, actually. I wasn't sure that I really wanted the job and as soon as I submitted my resume, I immediately knew that I wouldn't take the job even if it was offered to me. I just really didn't feel good about it. I even call it my "reverse God-sighting"! God-sightings are something that I learned about in my Family Group. Basically, they are little glimpses in your life of ways that God has blessed you. I call this a reverse God-sighting because typically you want to get the job you applied for and in this instance I did not get it. God is good! He knows what's best for me and will keep me from harm if I just trust in Him. I am really trying hard to give up that control and worry and trust in Him in everything I do. I am very controlling and often struggle with giving that up!
Guess who's in her big girl bed now?!!! ME!! Hahaha, okay just kidding. I've been there awhile actually, thanks for asking! Holly has officially graduated to a twin size bed! My mother-in-law bought her a beautiful quilt and pillow sham and Holly is so excited about her new bed. Here's a couple of pictures for proof!




Can I just say that she is soooo beautiful. I mean really, is it okay to gloat about her when I obviously have a biased opinion?!! I sure hope so! She is so completely amazing to me. I can't believe how intelligent she is too! She is doing so well with her speech. My favorite thing that she does now is says "See ya!" as she's leaving places! Oh my gosh it's soo adorable.
I have 2 new classes beginning on Monday. That is in addition to the one class I am already taking. The 2 new classes are an English/Composition class and Managing in the Legal Environment class. I keep joking with Leo that he can take my English class for me since he's the English major! Now if I can just find someone else to take my management class.....! Just kidding, just kidding. I will do the responsible thing and take these classes myself. I guess. Since there are no takers! :)
I am so excited about the kickoff of the season of the Wednesday night meetings for Heart 2 Heart next week. I can't wait to see what our next study will be. It seems like it has been so long since we all have met and I'm exciting about connecting in person again with so many people. I just love all of you guys! I hope you are all doing well and have a good night!


4 comments:

Renay said...

Glad to hear all is well and you haven't lost "your touch" of being cute and silly in your posts;-)

Lindsay said...

I love that bedding!! You made out well, Miss Holly! :)

And seriously, you are totally allowed to brag about her...that's your job as a mommy. And I happen to agree with you that she is super adorable.

I'll be praying that work/school/life falls into a nice peaceful rhythm for you all this semester.

I can't wait to see you again! I'll be super-jealous of all your Heart2Heart ladies, but I'll be praying like crazy for you guys! :)

Leo said...

I don't think there is any such thing as a "reverse God sighting." I think that God's plan never surprises him or is contradictory to the "norm." I think that we are the ones who put too much emphasis on stature or rank or money. I know God has better things in mind for you and I just hope you trust that he will provide in time. God is putting you through a test and if I know you (and I probably do more than most), you are going to pass! I love you!

Members said...

Hey dear!
I'm just getting around to finally checking in on your blog...what a crazy life we live!!!
have I told you lately that I just love you...you are awesome!!!! I know you sometimes feel homesick for your family "back home." But- never, never, never forget you are VERY loved here in good ole Indiana- corn, beans and all! I'm thankful that God brought you here from such a distance and that your family is planted here- you are making quite an impact on me and many others...keep strong friend- we're in this crazy life together- FOREVER!!!
love you,
k