CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Miscellaneous

Well, it's that time again. What time, you say? It's school time again for me. I know you are relieved to know this important bit of information. My next class officially started today. I am taking Microeconomics to get it out of the way while Macroeconomics is still somewhat fresh in my head! Thankfully, I will have a different instructor than I did for Macro as he was not a very good teacher. Practically non-existant actually. But....I am hopeful that this class will go much better than the other one did! Actually, it really is starting well because the first three chapters I am supposed to read, I have already read from my Macro class. YAY!

Have I told you guys how much I miss getting together for the Heart 2 Heart Women's Group. I mean I really miss seeing you all. I get to keep up with a few people through their blogs, but with the summer, most people aren't blogging as often right now either. (Including me!) I can't wait for it to start again but I don't even know when that is! I have been going to the summer study "Is There Really Sex After Kids". The answer is yes.....according to the book! Isn't it always easier in black and white?!! I actually really like the book and I do recommend it to everyone. There is some really insightful thoughts and ideas that can definitely help in your marriage, and not just physically related either.

Speaking of sex after kids :), I keep having this persistant thought go through my head that I am pregnant. It is the weirdest thing. Leo and I have decided that we are ready to take that step and hope that it happens in the near future. But we just recently made that decision and I don't know that there has been enough time to pass for me to actually be pregnant. But I'm telling you, the thought just won't go away. So much so that we stopped at CVS and bought a pregnancy test yesterday. It was negative. To be honest, I was a little upset that it was negative. I know that in due time, it will happen, but a huge part of me wants to be pregnant again. Which is crazy to watch myself type that thought because it wasn't too long ago that I was seriously considering only having the one child and never going through pregnancy again. So I have come to the conclusion that I must be having sympathy thoughts and feelings and someone around me is pregnant. Is it you?!! ;}

Well, I heard rumor today that was not very promising for the position that I applied for. (I know I should really not put alot of stock in rumors, but I feel that it came from a trusted source who is privy to the inside scoop) The rumor is that they are not going to fill the position I applied for until January. Not good. For so many reasons, not good. One, because I don't know if I can wait that long to know if I am even a candidate for the position. And two, because it's that much longer that I will be temporarily doing some of the duties of that position, in addition to my current duties. Ughhh, the suspense is going to kill me!!

I am very excited for my neighbors. They are pregnant and will be going to the hospital tomorrow to have what is called a "version" done (that's not the part I'm excited about:). Apparently their baby is in the breech position and a "version" is an attempt to manually turn the baby to the correct position that is safe for vaginal delivery. If the version works, they are going to immediately induce her so that there isn't enough time for the baby to turn again. If it doesn't work, they have a C-Section scheduled for 9am. Either way, more than likely, their son will be born tomorrow! I can't wait to meet him! I hope and pray that everything goes well for my neighbors tomorrow. They are going to be such great parents.

Well, that's about all I can think of for an update! I hope you are all doing well!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hope your class goes really well, and I'm excited to hear you announce when you get pregnant! :) Obviously, I'm pregnant, but I doubt you're having sympathy symptoms because of me. :) I miss you all, too!! Heart to Heart will be starting before you know it! (End of August, I believe!!) I'll be jealous when you're all meeting without me!! :)

amy f. said...

I'm so impressed with you..the only economics class I ever took was the one required in high school...never again :-) I miss Heart 2 Heart as well. I'm looking forward to the fall...although I have been enjoying the Sex after Kids study very much.

That is awesome news that you and Leo are trying to get pregnant...I will be sending baby-making thoughts your way. Okay, that sounded weird and I am now sorry I typed that. It didn't come out the way I meant, but I'm keeping it in for genuineness.

Lindsay's pregnant???!! :-)

Jessica said...

Keep us updated as to how your class is going. Have I told you lately...How proud of you I am? I AM! Keep up the nerd/coolness loving it.

H2H I'm so out of the loop, not being there last year. Looking forward to this year.

Kristy V said...

I am also impressed with your school dedication! There is nothing more awesome than a mom trying to increase her education! Happy trying for getting pregnant!

a said...

I miss all of us at Heart 2 Heart, too! It's been a long summer, hasn't it?

And best wishes for a pregnancy SOON!