CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

WOW

What a truly wonderful and awesome God we serve! Thank you all so much for your love and support. I can't even begin to express what it means to me. I love you all, I really do!

I shared a funny God-sighting story in my family group yesterday, but the truth is, I could have gone on for a long time about ALL of the many God-sightings I have recently seen. So, I'm gonna take a moment and share another one with y'all. As you know, Saturday was not a good day for me. I think I felt the lowest than I have felt in a REALLY long time. I don't know why I let myself get so stressed out about things that are and are not in my control. I don't know why I listen to and believe the lies of the little voice telling me that I am all alone. I thank you all for the reminder that I am not now because of the great friends I have surrounding me, and most importantly, because of the AMAZING God who wants to be my friend. No matter what. Can you believe that? No matter whether I am on cloud nine or the pits of grief. It doesn't matter whether I am freshly cleaned, or covered in mud and muck. It doesn't matter if I am the best at anything or the worst at everything. He loves me and He wants to be my friend. With Him I am never alone. Hallelujah! But to get back on track. How amazing is it that after I poured my heart out and prayed for direction and comfort to get over that bump in the road, I show up at church to a message about the importance of Fellowship. Pastor Randy sat up there and said ALL of the right things and I could have sworn he was talking directly to me! Seriously, I was thinking "Did he read my blog?!! And was it important enough to dedicate a whole message to me?!!" (Yep, I was truly being self-centered in thinking, I'm really bad at that!) I left that morning from church feeling like a whole new person. I knew that my troubles had been comforted. I felt the love and support of God, my husband, my daughter, and all my great friends who just gave me a smile or hug or a comforting word. Now that is what I call a God sighting. Then at Family Group, when it was time to come together and pray, Leo and I were actually prayed for specifically for something. I'm sure that has happened in the past, but this time it sticks out for me so blatently because of my previous thoughts of feeling nearly invisible. Anyway- I know that may sound silly to feel so giddy about a prayer but for me it is just another reminder that God is good!

So I leave you with a quick inspirational thought that I read in my Women of Faith study on Discovering God's Will for Your Life, Foreward by Sheila Walsh-
"If I could say only one thing, it would be simple and to the point: God knows all about you. He knows your good days and your bad days. He knows the noble thoughts and the shameful thoughts. He sees your devotion and your indifference. And He loves you- totally, completely, passionately, boundlessly. Forever." - Sheila Walsh

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

You got it, sister! He loves you immensely, and he has called us, your friends, to be his hands and feet, his arms and legs, and his lips. To hug you, type to you, talk to you, hang out with you, and love you...all in HIS NAME. So that you can FEEL his love all around you.

(((HUGS))) I'm looking forward to our "date!"

amy f. said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, yay!! Thank you for sharing that message from your study with us...so true and powerful!

a said...

Thanks for the reminder. :) I love it.

Jessica said...

You are so important to us, but more importantly to GOD! Don't forget it lady!! :))