The weather is warmer and the days are longer. At this time of year, especially, I crave fruit. All kinds of fruit. The colder the better. So the best solution I have come up with to satisfy my craving is a simple and utterly delicious smoothie! Oh man, I can't rave about this thing enough. It's frosty and sweet. Cold and refreshing. Tangy and satisfying. One mention of this little slice of heaven and I'm drooling! So simple to make and everyone in my house gathers around begging for some when they hear that bone-jarring sound of the blender grinding that frozen fruit into pure delicousness. These things are the perfect compliment to my sweet tooth.
I know, I know...you guys are dying to hear my secret recipe. (Disclaimer, I'm sure this can't really be coined as "my" recipe and it's really no secret either!)
Are you on the edge of your seats yet?!!
Well here's how I make them:
1/2 bag of frozen fruit (your choice and be creative!)
1 container complimentary yogurt to fruit (either fat free, light or regular)
about 8 ounces of milk (I use 1%)
Put those luscious ingredients into the blender in the order listed and send them into a blender frenzy until smooth. Add more milk if you like them a little thinner. I like them almost like sherbet, where you practically have to eat them with a spoon! Those proportions of ingredients make 2 large smoothies!
So far I have made the following three combinations:
"Fruit for Smoothies" mixture from Payless which consists of Strawberries, Pineapples and Mangos mixed with Key Lime yogurt.
Fruit for Smoothies mixture with Cherry yogurt
Peaches with Strawberry yogurt
I get a brain freeze (what I affectionately call a Slurpee Tumor) from drinking these so fast. I'm serious, I barely come up for air until I have finished the last drop. And you can make them nearly fat free with the right combination of ingredients! I'm so tempted to go make me another one! Well, sorry if you all are drooling now also ;)! Hope you enjoy!
Monday, June 16, 2008
My Heavenly Smoothies!
Posted by Mari at 5:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I also crave fruit this time of year.
Yumm! Thats sounds delicious! Guess I'll be making a trip to the store tomorrow. haha
Yum! This sounds great. I will have to make it tomorrow night. :) I love your new "blog look" BTW. I also love the phrase "Slurpee Tremor."
I love smoothies so much, I went through some of our boxes last week looking for our blender. I thought I could do with out it for a while we're in our holding pattern. ha ha! Wrong, I really missed it. I use to have one almost daily. What was I thinking when I thought I could do with out my blender for a while??
I also have been in smoothie heaven lately. I use ice, frozen strawberries, splenda, fresh fruit and orange juice (most of the time).
Yum, I will definitely be making some of these this summer. Thank you for sharing YOUR recipe...there are so many different versions of smoothies. Yours sounds quite easy and tasty.
I miss you! Where are ya?
Yeah! I miss you too! Wished I had gotten a chance to visit with you tonight at the H2H event.
Alright! Will you at the least post a current picture of Holly? Give us that, if nothing else!
:))
Post a Comment