If things had gone as Leo and I planned, expected, and hoped, we would be celebrating our 2nd daughter’s 1 year birthday around this time. As most, if not all of you know, God had different plans for us. Our beautiful daughter, Brooke, was taken from us when I was about 5 months pregnant in July of 2010. The pain from that experience has begun to dull, but there are many days and milestones that still bring about a reminder and a sting for what could have been.
The truth is many of my friends and family probably don’t even realize what this time of year now signifies to Leo and me. And that is okay. Really and truly, it is okay. Why do I say this? Because it signifies that life goes on. Often times you hear the phrase “life goes on” in a negative connotation, but recently I have found great strength and comfort in that statement. See, to me it signifies that God gave me another day; another day to learn of his love, mercy, and comfort; another day to share my story with someone else, in hopes that they too can feel the amazing love poured out for them like it was for me nearly a year and a half ago. It signifies that God is providing me a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” With everyday that passes, I become more aware of how God has provided me with a future and I have hope that it will be prosperous. When we first heard the news of our daughter’s passing, there were times when I just didn’t know how I was going to move on. How in the world would I recover from that? But the truth is that I have been able to recover. I’ve had so many blessed times that I can bring to mind that truly do help ease the sting of the loss that returns to the surface every now and then.
The Lord has promised blessings to those who seek Him. I am so thankful that I have the peace and comfort that can only come from Him at this time. Nobody and nothing can fill the void that was left when we lost our daughter. But thankfully, Jesus has made it possible to receive the hope offered to those in need. If you are not in a relationship with Jesus today, you don’t know what you are missing!
2 comments:
I know that the pain is still very real. Please know that Mike and I will be praying for you during this time. We are so sorry for your loss and know that God does do an amazing healing of our hearts with time.
Love, Darla
amen! preach it girl! there is nothing like His peace.
Post a Comment